- What is my username?
- How do I update my information?
- What if I forgot my password?
- How do I update my company?
- Where can I find a copy of IFO’s current W-9?
- Can I transfer my membership to another individual?
- How can I update the primary contact on my Group Membership?
- When will I receive my membership renewal invoice?
- How do I view/update my group membership roster?
- What are communities?
- Which communities do I already belong to?
- How do I join/subscribe to a community?
- How can I control the frequency and format of emails I receive?
- How do I leave a community or unsubscribe from a discussion?
- How do I respond to others’ posts?
- How do I start a new discussion thread?
- I’m having trouble viewing the HTML email messages. How do I fix this?
- Can I search for posts across all the communities?
- How do I see a listing of all of the posts to a specific community?
- How do I find resources that may have been uploaded by other members?
- Can I search for specific file types?
- How do the libraries get populated?
- How do I upload a document?
- What kind of documents can I upload?
- What are the tags for?
General | Top
Q: What is my username?
A: Your username is the primary email address you provided. If you have forgotten your login credentials or need assistance with your login information, please click here.
Q: How do I update my information?
A: Log in here > My Information > Edit/View Information
Q: What if I forgot my password?
A: Access the login page > Forgot Password? > Enter your email > Press Go
Q: How do I update my company?
A: If you would like to update your company, email us at email@example.com.
Q: Where can I find a copy of IFO’s current W-9?
A: You can find IFO’s W-9 on our Contact Us web page or by clicking here.
Membership | Top
Q: Can I transfer my membership to another individual?
A: Yes, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How can I update the primary contact on my Group Membership?
A: The current primary contact for the group membership can request removal by going to “My Information” in the Online Store, clicking the company under “Linked Organizations Information.” Click “Request Removal” and then click “Send E-Mail.” If the current primary contact is no longer with the company, an individual within the organization can email us a email@example.com to request an update.
Q: When will I receive my membership renewal invoice?
A: Members with upcoming renewals will receive membership renewal invoices via the primary email address listed the first week of the month in which you will expire.
Q: How do I view/update my group membership roster?
A: Primary contacts can view individuals associated with their organization’s account by going to “My Information” in the Online Store, clicking the company under “Linked Organizations Information” and then clicking “Manage Org Individuals.” To add individuals to the group, click “Add Individuals” and submit their information. To remove individuals from the group, click the checkbox to the left of the individuals needing to be removed and click “Submit List for Removal.”
Certification | Top
Q: What are communities?
A: Communities allow you to participate in discussions and share resources with other members.
Q: What communities do I already belong to?
A: Go to “Communities” in the main navigation bar. Select “My Communities” to view the communities you currently belong to.
Q: Do you have an Accounts Receivable Certification Program
A: Click on “Communities” in the main navigation and click on “All Communities” in order to see a list of available communities. Click on the community that you wish to join and simply click “Join,” then choose a delivery option for posts (Real Time, Daily Digest or No Email).
Q: How can I control the frequency and format of emails I receive?
A: Navigate to your profile and click on the “My Account” tab. Choose “Community Notifications” from the drop-down menu. On that page, there are subscription options: Real Time, Daily Digest, No Email.
For each discussion, you have the following delivery options:
- Real time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day.
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
Q: How do I leave a community or unsubscribe from a discussion?
A: Go to your profile and click on the “My Account” tab. Choose “Community Notifications” from the drop-down menu. Here, you will see a list of available communities and those to which you’ve subscribed. Select “Leave Community” under the Actions column for the discussions you wish to leave.
Q: How do I respond to others’ posts?
A: To respond to a discussion post, please navigate to the discussion post and click “Reply to Discussion” to send your message to the entire community. To send a message to the only author of the post, please select “Reply to Sender” (located in the “Reply to Discussion” drop-down). We recommend replying to the sender for simple comments like “me, too” that add little value to the overall discussion; and replying to the entire community when you are sharing knowledge, experience or resources that others could benefit from.
Q: How do I start a new discussion thread?
A: Go to “Participate” > “Post a message.” From an email (HTML version) for a particular discussion forum, you can use the “Post Message” link located at the top of the discussion email.
Q: I’m having trouble viewing the HTML email messages. How do I fix this?
A: If images are not appearing, it is likely that your email client is set to suppress images. This should be something you can change in your security or viewing options. If you would rather receive text-based email, go to your profile page and click on the “My Account” tab. Choose “Community Notifications” from the drop-down menu. Select the “Plain Text” format option for each of the discussions you are subscribed to.
Q: Can I search for posts across all the communities?
A: Yes, please enter a keyword in the search bar located in the main navigation. To refine your search results, please select “Show Advanced Search”.
Q: How do I see a listing of all of the posts to a specific Community?
A: Locate the community you are interested in viewing from the appropriate communities page. Click through the community’s landing page, then click on the “Discussions” tab. If you see a post you’re interested in, click the subject line which will take you to the entire thread. “Show Original Message” at the bottom of all of the posts in a thread will display the original message that started that discussion.
Libraries | Top
Q: How do I find resources that may have been uploaded by other members?
A: If you know which library the resource might be located in, find the affiliated community via the All Communities page. Click through the community’s landing page, then click on the “Library” tab . If you do not know where the resource might be, enter search terms in the main search box the same way you might enter search terms into Google or another search engine.
Q: Can I search for specific file types?
A: Yes. Enter your desired keyword in the main search box. From the search results page, click “Show Advanced Search.” Then click on “Search for Specific File Types.” This gives you the option to specify file type: Document, Image, Spreadsheet, etc.
Q: How do the libraries get populated?
A: The libraries are populated in two ways:1. When you include an attachment in a discussion post, the system automatically places it in the affiliated library.2. You can also upload documents directly to a library by using the “Share a File” link found under “Participate” in the main navigation or “Create New Library Entry” button on any community’s library page. Library resources are not required to be associated with a discussion thread.
Q: How do I upload a file?
A: Select the “Share a File” link found under “Participate” in the main navigation or “Create New Library Entry” on any community landing page. Please note that uploading a document is accomplished by completing a few steps, and each step must be completed before you can move on to the next:
- Choose a title for your document, and include a description (optional). Select the library to which you’d like to upload it, and select a folder to which you’d like to upload it (optional). Then, choose an Entry Type (most will be Standard Files, but be cognizant of any copyright licensed material). Once you have completed these steps, please click “Next.”
- Upload your file.
- Select “Next” if you want to further describe your files and/or add tags to your file. Otherwise, please click “Finish” to post your library entry
Q: What kind of files can I upload?
A: The system supports dozens of file types including hyperlinks, standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), webinars, images and YouTube videos.
Q: What are the “tags” for?
A: Tags are great way to organize and categorize content on your site. Tags can be applied to blogs, library entries, events, and glossary terms. Tagged items are prioritized in the search results.