The following is required of all volunteers throughout The Institute:
- All International and Local Chapter Volunteer leaders must be active members of The Institute of Financial Operations.
- Volunteers must be able to commit the time and energy required of a volunteer role.
- Volunteers agree to abide by The Institute’s Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Members of the Certification Committee must hold the CAPP or CAPA designation.
- Volunteer terms are one year and volunteer members can serve for as many years as they are elected.
- Volunteer attendance is encouraged at our regional conference events and e-learning opportunities in support of our activities.
- Commitment time averages between 20-50 hours per year; however, some board and committee members’ time may exceed 50 hours, including face-to-face meetings.
To become a volunteer with The Institute, you will need to complete the Call for Volunteers, which can be accessed below. The Institute will review your submission and contact you with more information.