Volunteering with The Institute of Financial Operations can be a rewarding way to positively impact your personal life and professional career. There are many opportunities – and reasons – to contribute your knowledge and enthusiasm for the greater good of all members.
Personal and Professional Advantages
- Expand the scope and influence of your professional NETWORK.
- Gain a GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE from thought leaders in different cultures and environments.
- Grow your LEADERSHIP skills through high-profile volunteer positions.
- EXPERIENCE the full scope of the financial operations industry by partnering with others.
- LEARN about new roles and responsibilities beyond your current position.
- Realize personal GROWTH through collaboration within diverse team settings.
- Receive feedback and RECOGNITION from members, volunteers, and headquarters staff.
- Build lifelong FRIENDSHIPS during fun and exciting volunteer experiences.
- GIVE BACK to your profession by sharing your expertise during events, meetings, and discussions.
- Enjoy a sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT through meaningful and rewarding volunteer activities.
To become a volunteer you must complete the submission form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Volunteers on the Ask the Experts, Certification/Education, and Local Chapter/Membership committees are thought leaders and subject matter experts in their field. Their expertise assists in the creation of new products and services to ensure the Institute is offering the most current professional member benefits in the industry.
Local Chapter Officers
Local chapter officers serve two-year terms with accountability for meeting planning, discussion forums, and membership recruitment drives at the local level. Comprehensive tools, templates, and events are provided to support and promote effective chapter leadership.
Local Chapter Volunteers
Local volunteers are needed on a regular basis to help with chapter meetings and special programs. Opportunities include:
- Hosting a meeting at your location
- Providing refreshments or door prizes
- Delivering a presentation
- Starting a chapter in a new location
Subject Matter Experts
Subject Matter Experts (SME) provide their expertise by facilitating current, educational sessions including virtual events and live events such as regional forums and local chapter meetings. If you are interested in becoming a complete the Speaker Proposal Form and return it to email@example.com.